Queensland’s Sunshine Coast is an attractive investment opportunity and is currently considered one of Australia’s fastest growing regions. With a rapidly expanding population and economy, the region is projected to experience strong capital growth over the coming years. It is predicted that the Sunshine Coast will have 63% more dwellings in 2031 than 2001 to accommodate the population increase.
The Sunshine Coast Corridor stretching from Noosa to Caloundra South is experiencing the most significant commercial and industry investment in the region. This high level of infrastructure spending will accommodate much of the region’s population growth and majority of new employment and business’s over the next twenty years.
It is expected that by 2030, the Sunshine Coast population will increase by over 50% to a total of 479,000. This surge in population growth has been supported across all levels of Government, who have earmarked spending of $20.9 billion in infrastructure developments and upgrades.
This infrastructure spending within the Sunshine Coast has already commenced and according to the Urban Development Institute of Australia, over the next 5 years, around $1.5 million will be spent daily on infrastructure and development in the Sunshine Coast region.
OCEANSIDE KAWANA HEALTH HUB
An example of the large scale investment in the Sunshine Coast, is the development of the Oceanside Health Hub. This is one of the largest development projects to occur within Australia over the next 10 to 15 years, and Australia’s single largest investment in health infrastructure. The Health Hub is a 17 hectare purpose built precinct carefully planned to accommodate a broad range of complementary business uses. The development includes the following:
- Ramsay Private Hospital, a 200 bed private hospital completed in 2013 and with 700 permanent employees.
- The $3 billion Sunshine Coast University Hospital commenced in 2013 and stage one of 450 beds completed by 2016 and expanding to 738 beds in 2021 and a tertiary education facility.The hospital will create 2,000 construction jobs and 3,500 permanent jobs once complete and anticipated to inject around $680 million a year into the local economy
- The Kawana Town Centre and surrounding medical, education and accommodation facilities is forecasted to generate $2.8 billion of direct expenditure for the region.
- Direct investment from Oceanside Kawana Health Hub will generate approximately $4.8 billion of direct expenditure from 2011 to 2026
- Once operational, the Health Hub will contribute approximately $447 million in Gross State Product for the local and state on an annual basis.
Access a LIMITED SUPPLY of
POSITIVE CASH FLOW
properties within the
Sunshine Coast region.
(02) 9531 8730
|$20.9 billion planned infrastructure development until 2030|
|$4 billion Maroochydore Principal Activity Centre|
|$3 billion Sunshine Coast University Hospital precinct|
|$420 million Sunshine coast airport expansion|
|40,000 estimated new jobs created|